We’ve all heard by now that supply chains have been disrupted due to the logistics and employment shortage issues stemming from the pandemic. As we move closer to the holidays, many people are worried about receiving their gifts in time. There has been reports of potential shortages of turkeys, toys, and trees, and it doesn’t stop there. Major retailers, grocers, manufacturers, and distributors have all expressed concern with the large-scale logistics issues being reported this holiday season.
Due to the major labor shortage, companies are looking to go above and beyond to fill open positions. You’re more likely to find better benefits and higher pay in today’s job market than in the past. Employers are more inclined to be flexible as well, enticing you in many different ways to join their team.
Here are some ways that the logistics and supply chain barriers can benefit you this holiday season.
- Additional Income This Holiday Season
- As previously noted, companies need employees now to help fulfil demand this holiday season. Many organizations are increasing wages and offering sign-on bonuses to get seasonal employees in the door. So, whether you’re looking for a long-term job, or just a seasonal job to supplement your income, now’s the time.
- Many companies offer their employees discounts on their products and services. This is an incredible way to get all those gifts you need, at your employee discounted rate. Make more money while saving money. Talk about a win-win this holiday season.
- There are a variety of options for scheduling with seasonal work. As demand ramps up, companies are often extending their hours of operation to accommodate, making it easier to find a job that suits your needs. Additionally, the need is so great for help that employers are often going out of their way to be flexible to ensure good employees stay on board.
- Add More Value to Your Resume
- Taking on seasonal work this year will not only help consumers and companies alike in fulfilling demand during peak season, but it could also help you in the long run by adding value to your resume. Taking on a season job gives you the ability to learn a new skill that can be beneficial in future employment opportunities.
- Broaden Your Experience
- A seasonal job is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and can turn into full-time work even after the holidays. Some employers ask seasonal workers to stay on the payroll once the holidays are over. In this labor market, your chances are higher for this opportunity. Your seasonal job could be a turning point in your career.
This holiday season will be unique due to the logistics and labor challenges we are currently experiencing from the supply chain, but companies are already ramping up their staff. Employers will be getting creative and competitive to attract employees to their locations and finding different ways to incentivize them to stay. Any way you look at it, taking on a seasonal job this year is an opportunity. You can gain some extra cash for the holidays and beyond, and what’s more, you just may find your dream job.
If you would like assistance when looking for your next opportunity, contact Malone Workforce Solutions today! Malone Workforce Solutions has over 50 years of Recruiting and Staffing experience with both short-term and long-term staffing options. Our expert staffing specialists can help you gain access to exclusive opportunities, tailor your resume for a specific job, and eliminate the work of job hunting. Search our open positions now!